This project involved works to convert a magnificent Victorian building from a ResidentialNursing Home into an Embassy. Constructed c. 1870, the Protected Structure abuts an existing Georgian terrace, and includes awonderful stair hall along with an impressive granite Doric entrance portico.
The existing structure had been compromised by a number of mid-twentieth century interventions and it was proposed to reverse these whereviable as well an ensuring that the building will continue to be serviceable into the future.
The planning application involved the preparation of conservation standard documents including detailed drawings of the existing building fabricat 1:50 scale, as well as documentation regarding the proposed alterations. We also consulted on appropriate conservation interventions to maintain the structure. Planning Permission granted.